Instructions for Oral Presenters
Invited talk duration: 25 minutes plus 5-minute question period
Result talk duration: 17 minutes plus 3-minute question period
Contributed talk duration: 12 minutes plus three-minute question period
It is important to respect the time allocation to ensure that the session runs smoothly, efficiently and finishes on time. The session chair will take that responsibility and be assisted by a student volunteer with the appropriate timer settings.
CONFERENCE ROOM AV EQUIPMENT
Rooms are equipped with internet access and a Windows computer. Technical assistance will be available through the student volunteers. Presenters are asked to put their talks into PDF format and upload them via the congress program web site at least 12 hours prior to the start of the session (instructions below). They could also bring a PDF backup on a USB key to be downloaded onto the computer 15 minutes prior to the start of the session. Presenters are strongly encouraged not to use their own computers. Those who do use their own computers risk having their talk shortened if technical difficulties arise, as we need to adhere to the published schedule. Note that for MAC computers, presenters need to bring their own adaptor.
UPLOADING PRESENTATIONS TO TAUP-2017 INDICO WEBSITE:
• Go to http://indico.cern.ch/e/taup2017;
• Log in to your account;
• Select “My contributions” under the “My Conference” link;
• In “My contributions” area, click on the title of a contribution;
• To submit material, click on the Pencil icon beside Presentation Materials. A dialog box will open;
• Click “Upload files”, and follow the instructions;
• Your file will now appear in the contribution details and will be accessible through the session timetable.